Sunday, December 23, 2012

A third defeat in 3 weeks for Leinster - I may start watching soccer...

Where does ice cream come from?

So I slightly underperformed in my predictions this week, with a below par 0 from 2. First of all, it was Leinster haven seven colours of poo being beaten out of them by Ulster, Three weeks, three defeats – I may take up watching soccer… no, I’ll be there until the better end, even when Connacht are signing all our best players, which can’t be too far away now. Ulster were good, and we weren’t. It was errors on our part that handed the advantage to Ulster, carrying over for a five yard scrum, and throwing a loose pass in our own 22. And watching our scrums buckling and disintegrating… bet you Tom Court has a fat grin on his face when he watches the replays! Leinster have lost their touch for the moment – add back Sexton, O’Driscoll, Kearney Ross and Nacewa and we would have been a lot more competitive. But in fairness, Ulster are missing Tuohy, Muller, Ferris and Bowe. Back to the drawing board.

I watched a fair amount of the Connacht match, tuning in when Vainikolo was sprinting off for a try. He was caught by the Munster number 10, who at that stage I thought was O’Gara, and I was like Respect! for the old guy. I was no less impressed when I found it was Kearney, because Vainikolo is fast! That should really have been a try, and then Nauopu couldn’t finish in the second half. That match was there for the taking, but Connacht just couldn’t close it out and win. Good match though, in appalling conditions.

Finally, more to the point, Happy Christmas everyone!

RaboDirect PRO12
Saturday , December 22
Zebre 3 - 10 Benetton Treviso 
Connacht 12 - 16 Munster 
Friday , December 21
Ulster 27 - 19 Leinster 
Cardiff Blues 6 - 9 Scarlets 

No comments:

Post a Comment